Build Your Own Custom Road Glide 2015-2017 PREWIRED Ape Hangers Handlebar DIY kit
NOTICE: Fits all Road Glide 2015-2017.
You will receive a prewired package that includes:
- The Handlebars of your choice
- Handlebars wired for your bike
- Cables & Brake Lines sized to correct length to fit your bike
- Your choice of finish Chrome or Black
- Our Patented Plug & Play™ connectors for the fastest and cleanest install
The Prewired Kit is the do-it-yourself package with the handlebars completely wired. This kit comes with our patented Plug & Play™ connectors which will result in the fastest install and cleanest install making the task much more enjoyable. All you have to do is remove the switches and controls from your old bars and mount them on these bars. Once that is done you are ready to install the handlebars.
You will not find a more complete prewired ape hanger package on the internet. This kit includes everything you need to put apes on your bike, except for the labor and the items listed in the Handlebar Installation Kit. We use these same parts to put apes on bikes in our shop, so we definitely know what you need to correctly pull it off. This kit will fit any Harley Davidson Road Glide model 1998-2007.
Unless you choose a different set of handlebars, you will receive a set of 1 1/4" 14 inch ape hangers with chrome or black handlebar switches already wired internally, and all of the stainless cables in the correct lengths for your specific application. The handle bars reduce in size to 1 inch at the riser clamp and the grip ends to accept stock controls.
- 14 inch show chrome plated handlebars ( 1 1/4 inch diameter, 35" width, 7.5" pullback, 8" center width, 13" total base width )
- Wiring Harness uses factory wire colors and factory wire pins to do an OEM installation
- Wiring diagram included ( But you probably won't need it )
- Motion Pro or Drag Specialties Stainless Braided cables with protective Armor Coat and chrome plated ends. We do have other cable brands available upon request.
Some models come with turn signals mounted on the handlebar controls. Due to the added cost and complexity of these components, they are not included in our kit. We can add the wiring for the turn signals for an additional fee if needed. Most of our customers discard them or mount them to forks and we have brackets available to accommodate this modification. Please call us or enter your request for Turn Signal wiring in the comment section at checkout.
- Dual front disc models will have to add $65 for the extra brake lines needed.
- 2007 and later models have a clutch safety switch that has to be installed on the left side switches when we do the installation. We charge $40 extra to add this.
- These Handlebars are 5 1/8 inch total width at the riser clamp area between the 1 1/4 inch tubing.
No more hassle trying to round up the right length cables, we already know what you need. We have put a lot of time and research to compile the database needed to get you the correct parts. Just let us know the year and model of your bike and riser height you have, or you can call us with the info at 1-877-775-HILL
We carry a full line of chrome or black powder coat handlebars and black vinyl or stainless braided cables. If you don't see what you need, call or e-mail us and we can put a custom package together for you.
A true Plug & Play™ install , we will cut your handlebar harness wires to the length required for your model, crimp on the necessary OEM pins, and install the wires in an OEM connector with the correct pin locations. No hassle trying to cut and solder wires, or blowing fuses because you got the wires backwards. Saves 2-3 hours on your installation time.
NOTICE: Risers CLICK HERE are sold separately; We need to know the size of your risers so we can size the cables correctly.
NOTICE: Here at HCC, we build each handlebar kit based on your needs and specifications. This process starts once your handlebar kit is ordered and paid. Please allow 7-14 business days for your parts to arrive.
A new OEM Throttle by Wire or Fly by Wire sensor with one piece wiring harness is installed on all pre-wired and complete kits for 2008 and Newer Touring models. This will eliminate having a wiring connection inside the handlebar that could cause problems.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR BIKE APART UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A SHIPPING NOTIFICATION WITH TRACKING INFORMATION FROM US