Build Your Own Custom Road King 2014-2021 COMPLETE Ape Hangers Handlebar DIY kit
Special Offer: Road King Special models come from the factory with the front turn signal lights mounted to the handlebar controls.
(FULL DESCRIPTION AT BOTTOM OF PRODUCT PAGE)
Build Your Own Custom Road King 2014-2021 COMPLETE Ape Hangers Handlebar DIY kit
NOTICE: Fits all Road King 2014-2021
- You will receive a COMPLETE package that includes:
- The Handlebars of your choice
- Handlebars wired for your bike
- Controls installed for your bike
- Cables sized to correct length to fit your bike
- Your choice of finish Chrome or Black
- Plug & Play™ connections come standard
CORE CHARGE: If you choose NO for core charge, we will start building your kit as per our normal production schedule, however, we will not be able to complete or ship your order until your cores arrive in compliance with the policy listed below. If you choose YES, your CORE charge will be refunded when we receive your cores in compliance with the policy listed below.
In 2011 Harley changed up their controls and switches on the Softail models (2012 for Dyna's & 2014 for Touring models) to a much more complicated system design called CAN/BUS. Though it is a much better design for the consumer, it made the price of these components exponentially more expensive than the controls on previous years. Our cost on these is well over $600 per set. In order to keep our prices down like we have in the past, we developed an exchange program. Much like buying a starter at an auto parts store, we will charge you a core charge when you make the purchase, and when we receive your existing components, we refund 100% of the core charge to you. You also have the option of taking these components OFF of your bike and sending them to us for the build and you can avoid the core charge. VERY IMPORTANT: You will not receive a refund if your cores are lost during shipping and you did not require a signature upon delivery. We do not accept cores that are damaged or marred. Pack your parts carefully so they do not move during shipping. When choosing a shipping carrier and method to return your cores, YOU MUST INSURE THE PACKAGE for the amount of the core charge and REQUIRE A SIGNATURE AT DELIVERY. Failure to comply may result in the loss of your refund. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions about this.
This package includes everything you need to put apes on your Road King, except for the labor and the items listed in the Handlebar Installation Kit. We use these same parts to put apes on bikes in our shop, so we definitely know what you need to pull it off.
Unless you decide to change the recommended handlebars used in this kit, you will receive a set of 1 1/4 inch 14 inch Hill Country Custom Cycles' ape hangers with all of the cables and brake lines to fit these apes. All handlebars used in this kit are wired with chrome or black switches and the connectors are installed on the wires ready for you to plug in. Also included are chrome handlebar controls already assembled. Really all you have to do is mount the handlebars and change the cables. Just about anyone can do this in their garage in about 3-4 hours with the help of a couple buddy's and your favorite ice cold beverage. Having the bars prewired and using our patented Plug & Play™ wiring connections results in the cleanest and fastest install cutting the installation time in half, turning a 6-9 hour job into 3-5 hours.
- Handlebar Specs:
- 1 1/4" Diameter high-grade steel tubing
- Designed for early and late model HD stock 1" controls
- Mounting section is 1" in diameter
- Dimpled and drilled for internal wiring
- Hand polished and beautifully Chrome finished or Gloss Black Powder Coated
- Width: 37.0", Center Width: 9.5"
- Height: 14.0", Pullback:7.5"
NOTE: Handlebar specs will be based upon whichever handlebar you choose for this particular kit. It you want to see the specs, please refer to the handlebar section on our website. The default handlebars for this kit are HC-11414C.
Stainless Steel Braided cables come in the correct length for your specific application. They have chrome plated ends and Armor Coat over the stainless braid to keep from scratching your paint, and to keep the stainless looking good for a long time.
ABS models only require brake line replacement from the master cylinder to the ABS block. We have the stainless lower line kit available if you prefer.
A new OEM Throttle by Wire or Fly by Wire sensor with one piece wiring harness is installed on all pre-wired and complete kits for 2008 and Newer Touring models. This will eliminate having a wiring connection inside the handlebar that could cause problems.
TURN SIGNAL NOTICE: Some models come with turn signals mounted on the handlebar controls. If you want to keep your turn signals up on the controls please contact us via E-MAIL or PHONE before placing your order online.
Here at HCC, we build each handlebar kit based on your needs and specifications. This process starts once your handlebar kit is ordered and paid. Please allow 7-14 business days for your parts to arrive.
Please take a minute to understand your options for Heated Grips.
- No, I Do Not Have Heated Grips. Choosing this option, means you do not have heated grips and have no plans to put them on anytime soon. Therefore, we make NO provisions for heated grips.
- Yes, I want to ADD BLACK Heated Grips.($259.95) By choosing this option, we will install the BLACK OEM Harley heated grips of your choice. You must let us know the SKU or part number you want based on the heated grips available from Harley's website. We will order those grips from Harley and install them into your new bars along with all the other wiring we put in there. We run a pull cord through the bars to make this job easier for you. Please keep in mind that heated grips are not Plug & Play™ like the rest of our wiring. During your install of the handlebars, you must connect the red wire to a power source like your battery, black wire to a ground, and if the heated grips have an orange wire (some do not), it must be connected to a power source that only turns on with the ignition switch. All this is outlined in the OEM instructions that come with the heated grips. You will find those in the box with your new handlebar kit. Still pretty darn simple.
- Yes, I want to ADD CHROME Heated Grips.($329.95) By choosing this option, we will install the CHROME OEM Harley heated grips of your choice. You must let us know the SKU or part number you want based on the heated grips available from Harley's website. We will order those grips from Harley and install them into your new bars along with all the other wiring we put in there. We run a pull cord through the bars to make this job easier for you. Please keep in mind that heated grips are not Plug & Play™ like the rest of our wiring. During your install of the handlebars, you must connect the red wire to a power source like your battery, black wire to a ground, and if the heated grips have an orange wire (some do not), it must be connected to a power source that only turns on with the ignition switch. All this is outlined in the OEM instructions that come with the heated grips. You will find those in the box with your new handlebar kit. Still pretty darn simple.
- Yes, My Bike Has Heated Grips. Deciding not to purchase new grips means you must extend the wires on your heated grips using the extension wires that come in the handlebar kit. Once you extend the wires, you must pull those wires through the handlebars internally alongside the other wiring we have already put in there for you. once that is done, you can then connect your heated grip wiring to the OEM harness just like before you took it off (Take pictures before taking them off). Again, it is a much easier install if you purchase new heated grips from us. We are good either way.
Note: Police models may have to re-pin their connectors to fit our harness with the Plug & Play™ option.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR BIKE APART UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A SHIPPING NOTIFICATION WITH TRACKING INFORMATION FROM US
|Manufacturer||Hill Country Custom Cycles|