Paul Yaffe 1 1/4" Monkey Bar COMPLETE Handlebar Kit for 2014-2021 Harley Electra Glide, Street Glide, Ultra Classic
CORE CHARGE: If you choose NO for core charge, we will start building your kit as per our normal production schedule, however, we will not be able to complete or ship your order until your cores arrive in compliance with the policy listed below. If you choose YES, your CORE charge will be refunded when we receive your cores in compliance with the policy listed below.
In 2011 Harley changed up their controls and switches on the Softail models (2012 for Dyna's & 2014 for Touring models) to a much more complicated system design called CAN/BUS. Though it is a much better design for the consumer, it made the price of these components exponentially more expensive than the controls on previous years. Our cost on these is well over $600 per set. In order to keep our prices down like we have in the past, we developed an exchange program. Much like buying a starter at an auto parts store, we will charge you a core charge when you make the purchase, and when we receive your existing components, we refund 100% of the core charge to you. You also have the option of taking these components OFF of your bike and sending them to us for the build and you can avoid the core charge. VERY IMPORTANT: You will not receive a refund if your cores are lost during shipping and you did not require a signature upon delivery. We do not accept cores that are damaged or marred. Pack your parts carefully so they do not move during shipping. When choosing a shipping carrier and method to return your cores, YOU MUST INSURE THE PACKAGE for the amount of the core charge and REQUIRE A SIGNATURE AT DELIVERY. Failure to comply may result in the loss of your refund. Please call or e-mail us if you have questions about this.
You are purchasing the most complete Plug & Play™ Ape Hanger kit available. This kit fits 2014-2021 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide, Street Glide, and Ultra Classic models. This kit includes everything that you need to put a set of these Chrome or Black 1 1/4" Apes on your Harley except for labor. You will receive a completely assembled Handlebar set with your choice of new ergonomic style Chrome or Black Controls, Chrome or Black Switches, and Prewired with the factory harness plugs installed. Due to the variety of applications, we do not have specific instructions with each kit. We recommend that you purchase a Harley Davidson service manual for your specific bike model to use as a guide for installation.
NOTE: Handlebar specs are based upon the handlebar height you choose for this particular kit.
|8 inch||1 1/4"||35.5"||14 3/8"||9"||1"|
|10 inch||1 1/4"||35.5"||14 3/8"||9"||1"|
|12 inch||1 1/4"||36"||14 3/8"||9"||1"|
|14 inch||1 1/4"||36"||14 3/8"||9"||1"|
|16 inch||1 1/4"||36"||14 3/8"||9"||1"|
- Stainless Steel Braided cables come in the correct length for your specific application. They have chrome plated ends and plastic armor coat over the stainless braid to keep from scratching your paint, and to keep the stainless looking good for a long time. They are also protective coated on the inside for extended wear.
- Our Black Vinyl Coated cables include Chrome ends for that extra sharp look. These are the new ergonomic style Gloss Black Controls, Black Switches, and Prewired with the factory harness plugs installed.
We also have have grips and polyurethane bushings to complete your package. Check it out!
A new OEM Throttle by Wire or Fly by Wire sensor with one piece wiring harness is installed on all Prewired and complete kits for 2008 and Newer Touring models. This will eliminate having a wiring connection inside the handlebar that could cause problems.
No more hassle trying to round up the right length cables, we already know what you need. We have put a lot of time and research to compile the database needed to get you the correct parts. You will not find a more complete ape hanger package on the internet. If you want to know more, call us at the shop 512-264-7333. We carry a full line of handlebars and stainless braided cables. If you don't see what you need here, call or e-mail us and we can put a custom package together for you.
NOTICE: We custom build each handlebar kit to the specifications required based on the handlebars you choose and your bike specifications. It is MANDATORY that we have this information before we start building your kit, and we will not be able to ship your kit until this information is received.
- Year, Make, and Model of your bike.
- Which handlebars you want.
- How tall your risers are.
- Any modifications you have done that may alter cable lengths.
- Whether you have single or dual disc front brakes.
- Do you have ABS (Anti-lock Brakes)?
- Do you have Radio, Cruise Control, CD Controls or CB Radio?
If you are unsure of any of this information, please call us at 512-264-7333 and we can help you with this. If the phones are busy, or you do not receive a call back within a reasonable amount of time, send an e-mail to email@example.com with a phone # where we can call you back.
NOTICE: Here at HCC, we build each COMPLETE handlebar kit based on your individual needs and specifications. This process starts once your handlebar kit is ordered and paid. Please allow 10-15 business days for your parts to arrive. During the spring, peak season for motorcycles, Delivery times can take longer. Orders are filled in the order they are received, Please be patient.
Please take a minute to understand your options for Heated Grips.
- No, I Do Not Have Heated Grips. Choosing this option, means you do not have heated grips and have no plans to put them on anytime soon. Therefore, we make NO provisions for heated grips.
- Yes, I Have Heated Grips And I Will Send Them To You For The Install. Choosing this option, means you have heated grips on your bike now, and you want to transfer them to the new handlebar kit. The install is much easier for you, when you send your heated grips to us, so we can wire them up while building your kit. But please be aware that this will require more downtime of your bike while we wait to receive your grips before starting to build your kit.
- Yes, I Have Heated Grips And I Will Reinstall Them Myself. Deciding not to send us your grips means you must extend the wires on your heated grips using the extension wires that come in the kit. once you extend the wires, you must pull those wires through the handlebars internally alongside the other wiring we have already put in there for you. once that is done, you can then connect your heated grip wiring to the OEM harness just like before you took it off (Take pictures before taking them off). Again, it is a much easier install if you send your heated grips to us or purchase new heated grips from us. We are good either way.
- Yes, I Want To Add Heated Grips. By choosing this option, we will install the OEM Harley heated grips of your choice. You must let us know the SKU for the part # you want based on the heated grips available from Harley's website. We will order those grips from Harley and install them into your new bars along with all the other wiring we put in there. We run a pull cord through the bars to make this job easier for you. Please keep in mind that heated grips are not Plug & Play™ like the rest of our wiring. During your install of the handlebars, you must connect the red wire to a power source like your battery, black wire to a ground, and if the heated grips have an orange wire (some do not), it must be connected to a power source that only turns on with the ignition switch. All this is outlined in the OEM instructions that come with the heated grips we purchase from Harley. You will find those in the box with your new handlebar kit. Still pretty darn simple.
PLEASE DO NOT TAKE YOUR BIKE APART UNTIL YOU RECEIVE A SHIPPING NOTIFICATION WITH TRACKING INFORMATION FROM US.